These days, there are a lot of companies which actually need labels in order to advertise their products. There exist numerous businesses in almost every field like hi-tech, manufacturing, industrial etc. which require labels consisting of information regarding product name, product description and number, barcode, UL logo and so on. This can be easily handled with labels. If you are interested to learn cutting-edge skills here, then go through the mentioned beneath few useful tips to make basic Adobe Illustrator labels:
- Rectangle Tool: You can draw the rectangle box by double-clicking on the rectangle icon available on the artboard. Type the precise Height and Width measurements in the fields respectively.
- Stroke tab (Window > Stroke): This is used to check the weight of your label border. For the invisible border, type “0” in the stroke field. To draw a dashed-line label, enter suitable values in the fields.
- Guide Lines: This is used to align the label box as well as its components. Go to the main menu; click View then Show Rulers to show the vertical and horizontal rulers. Play with the cursor to make a ruler.
- Align tab (Window > align): With the help of this, you can easily align different visual components of the label. You can check the alignment accuracy by utilizing navigation controls of the Illustrator (Window > Navigator).
- Type tab (Window > Type): With this tab, one can control the font style, size and type, paragraph alignment, kerning, and various other powerful typographical features of the label text.
- Crop Marks: One can learn cutting-edge skills here like crop marks. It will let you know whether the relevant information gets published when you make the PDF version of the illustration. You can draw crop marks by selecting the border of the label and then go to the main menu, click Object then Crop Area then Make. To remove this, go to Object then Crop Area and finally Release.